The British Embassy Amman is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and has now vacancy for the position of Counter Terrorism Programmes Officer.
Purpose of the job:
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative oversight of the £500,000 counter terrorism programme fund. Responsibilities will include spend forecasting, invoicing, budget management, progress reporting, relationship management with implementing partners and assisting with broader project management and scoping of new project proposals.
• Provide full financial oversight to the £500,000 counter terrorism programme, including invoicing, spend forecasting and other financial management in line with FCO best practice, and follow projects to ensure full delivery of stated aims against pre-agreed time lines.
• Research and draft high quality monthly, quarterly and end of year progress reports for full project portfolio.
• Maintain strong relationships with project implementers.
• Scope further areas for additional UK support to security sector
• Provides administrative support to political section and other ad hoc tasking as required, including supporting on organisation of section events e.g. the Queen’s birthday party.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
• Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
• Delivering Value for Money: Delivering value for money involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services.
• Achieving Commercial Outcomes: Being effective in this area is about maintaining an economic, long-term focus in all activities.
• Collaborating and Partnering: People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
• Making Effective Decisions: Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
• Seeing the Big Picture: Seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs.